- Population in Murwillumbah Township: Approx. 7,500 with an additional 7,500 people living in and around the nearby villages.
- Height above sea level: 18 metres / 59 feet.
- Location: 28 degrees 20 minutes south, 153 degrees 23 minutes east.
- Distance: Sydney -
850km; Brisbane 133km; Byron Bay 51km; Ballina 76km; Lismore 80km;
Tweed Heads 30km; Coolangatta Airport 33km; Cabarita Beach 19km.
- State seat: Lismore - sitting member Thomas George (Nationals).
- Federal seat: Richmond - sitting member Justine Elliot (Labor).
- Local Government: Tweed Shire Council - General manager Mike Rayner.
- Rain-free days per year (average) - 203.
- Industry: retail, hospitality, agriculture, light industry, construction and tourism.